Episode 07:Wednesday Studio
How to make sure you're on the right track in your career
Daniela and Iria from Wednesday Studio specialize in short-form 2D content and have worked with some big names such as Microsoft, Airbnb, and the Huffington Post. They offer insights into how to put together a freelance team, the logistics behind managing remote staff, and why having a group of freelancers based all over the world can actually help you get things done quicker. If you’re organized that is.
We also got the opportunity to discuss the pros and cons of having representation versus being a solo freelancer. How one over the other can actually give you more opportunities, and it might not be the one you are thinking.
Have you ever worked with a friend? How did it end up? What were the biggest struggles that needed to be resolved? Please leave a comment below!
In this episode
- Why having a contract is absolutely necessary to begin a project, and what you should include in one
- The pros and cons of having representation vs going it alone
- How important is social media when it comes to finding clients
- Advice and tips for starting a studio
- How to find and hire quality freelancers to work with on larger projects
- A handy list of tools for working remotely
- Wednesday Studio
- Follow Wednesday Studio on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Vimeo | Dribble | Tumbler
- Email Wednesday Studio at Hello@WeAreWednesday.com
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show: