We dive into how to set the course for your life and career with an exercise called The Perfect Day and how to adjust and reevaluate your actions based on that ideal day. Joey also shares his take on the best way to make yourself stand out as a freelancer, and why you shouldn’t let the idea of lack of work scare you from freelancing. We also spend some time gushing over one of our favourite business educators and podcasters.
Are you currently working a corporate job but considering freelancing? What scares you most about making that leap? Please leave a comment below!
In this episode
- The importance of systems and having great help
- “The Perfect Day” exercise and how can it help you determine the career (and life) choices you make
- The importance of validating your ideas before diving in fully
- How to get your foot in the door with big clients as a new freelancer
- How should you best handle revisions with your clients?
- The pros and cons to branding yourself as a studio vs an individual freelancer
- How to deal with pushback on your pricing
- School Of Motion
- School of Motion Podcast
- Follow School of Motion on social media: Facebook & Twitter
- The Freelance Manifesto (Book)
- Remote (Book)
- Will It Fly (Book)
- Joey’s Motionographer article, Too Old For Mograph
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
Podcast music licensed by Big Waves
Some of the links above are affiliate links. Basically, this means that if you decide to make a purchase through one of these links, we will earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. You can be sure that we would recommend these products whether or not we made any commission on them. Please don’t spend your money on them if you don’t think that they will truly help you improve your business, although, in our experience, they will.