Irene shares the importance of having a community and how participating actively within the community can help you gain insight, make friends, and get referrals. She also speaks about the need to create on your own terms and how those passion projects can ultimately lead you to some amazing clients. Plus, we explore the use of social media to put your work out into the world so that branding agencies can fall in love with your esthetic and pursue you.
How do you balance personal projects and paid work? Have you ever had a personal project lead to a paid gig? Leave a comment below!
In this episode
- The importance of having your own style and aesthetic
- How your personal projects can lead you to a lot of great clients
- Why community and social media is such a powerful thing and how to use it to grow your relationships
- Do you need a contract when you're just starting out?
- Find Irene Online
- Follow Irene on Tumblr | Instagram | Vimeo
- Irene’s Berlin-themed personal project
- Project: Girl series
- Loop de Loop Competition
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show: