*That’s kind of an awesome (if unintentional) pun, as this week we’re focussing on the accounting specifics for UK based freelancers. If you’re from the US or anywhere else, most of the general practices cross over, and we’re going to be having a US accountant of the show coming up soon!
She also gave a ton of tips and tricks for the freelancers who are just starting out and have no clue as to how to set up their business for legal and tax purposes, plus gave us some great guides and tools to use to make this time of year a little bit less scary.
Do you use an accountant for your business or do you do it all yourself? Have you ever tried an online accounting company? What did you find to be the pros and cons? Leave us a comment below!
In this episode
- The differences between operating as a sole trader or a limited company including some specifics regarding tax time
- The importance of separating your banking between personal and business
- Top three expenses you can claim
- The ins and outs of V.A.T.
- Some clarification on the legalities of working with overseas clients in terms of your accounting
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
Podcast music licensed by Big Waves
Some of the links above are affiliate links. Basically, this means that if you decide to make a purchase through one of these links, we will earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. You can be sure that we would recommend these products whether or not we made any commission on them. Please don’t spend your money on them if you don’t think that they will truly help you improve your business, although, in our experience, they will.