How to use YouTube to grow your motion design businessw/ Ben Marriott
Today, Ben and I chat about how you can use YouTube as a teaching platform to help grow your motion design business. If this is something you’d be interested in doing too, Ben explains why it’s easier to break into than many think. As Ben says, your unique voice and perspective can benefit others, even the topic has already been covered.
We also discuss how to manage your use of social media in a stress-free way. It’s easy to get overwhelmed when promoting yourself online. To help you avoid this, Ben explains how you can use Instagram and other platforms successfully without posting every day.
What could you offer others by making a tutorial? Let me know in the comments on the episode page!
In this episode
- The benefits of creating tutorials to share your skills with others
- What many motion designers want to learn about from others in the field
- Posting to social media without letting it take over all your time
- Why posting with consistency is essential to successfully using social media
- Ben’s process for researching, making, and promoting his tutorials
- How you can monetize your videos through sponsorships
- Ben’s equipment recommendations for recording stellar tutorial videos
“Anything I do to help myself grow an audience is going to make what I want to do in five years a lot easier.” [4:15]
“It will fill up your whole day trying to post work that you’ve done. You’ll have no time to actually make any work.” [11:56]
“Obviously the content has to be good, but if there’s no appealing thumbnail or title, no one will click on it.” [26:14]
“Don’t think that everything is covered. Your opinion on something and your method of doing it, the way you communicate, might get through to different people.” [28:13]
Podcasting and Youtube Gear
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
Podcast music licensed by Big Waves
Some of the links above are affiliate links. Basically, this means that if you decide to make a purchase through one of these links, we will earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. You can be sure that we would recommend these products whether or not we made any commission on them. Please don’t spend your money on them if you don’t think that they will truly help you improve your business, although, in our experience, they will.