Episode 27:Hayley Akins
How to create habits that will help your career
This solo episode is inspired by a book I just read called Atomic Habits by James Clear. Essentially, it speaks to how making tiny changes in our lives can lead to amazing results. James writes about four ways to build a good habit and I’m going to discuss those with you on this episode. I’ve started to implement these habit building strategies into my life and I’m already seeing incredible results!
How do you build and maintain good habits? Let us know in the comments!
In this episode
- How making small and incremental changes on a regular basis adds up to big changes over time
- Making good habits obvious so that you can’t ignore or forget about them
- How surrounding yourself with people who are doing similar things as you can support attractive habits
- Constructing systems and environments that will make your good habits easy to do
- Making your habits satisfying so they feel good when you complete them
“Habits appear to make no difference in the first days, weeks, or months. It takes a little time but then breakthroughs happen.” [5:03]
“If you’re surrounding yourself with people who are doing similar things then you’re more likely to do it.” [13:33]
“You can have a week or a day off whenever you’re doing your habit. But as soon as you start missing it over and over again, you’re just going to lose momentum.” [22:24]
- Episode 20: 6 Tips to Avoid Burnout and Achieve Your Goals
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Location Indie
- Insight Timer Meditation App
Join us on Patreon
- Ask podcast guests questions
- Early access to the podcast
- Monthly Q&A's with podcast guests and industry experts
- Exclusive Patreon community and bonus content
- +Big thanks
- Cover costs of producing the podcast
- Give us more time to create more resources for the Motion Hatch Community
- Make Motion Hatch the online hub for learning the business side of motion design
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
Podcast music licensed by Big Waves
Some of the links above are affiliate links. Basically, this means that if you decide to make a purchase through one of these links, we will earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. You can be sure that we would recommend these products whether or not we made any commission on them. Please don’t spend your money on them if you don’t think that they will truly help you improve your business, although, in our experience, they will.