She also gives some amazing pieces of advice regarding how to improve your negotiations, what you should be charging as a bare minimum, what are the must ask questions prior to bringing on a client, and why you should always have a contract (even though the thought of sorting one out might scare us).
What are your experiences dealing with bias in the motion graphics world? How did you deal with it now? Please leave a comment below!
In this episode
- The most important questions to ask a client before you begin to work
- How do you decide on pricing? Daily rate or set fee? What’s the minimum we should be charging?
- The importance of always having a contract
- Should we shift from a time-based economy to a result based economy?
- Tips on how to improve your negotiation skills
- Should we be thinking about unionizing as an industry?
- Lillian Darmono’s website
- Spectrum Interview Series
- Humorless Mutts Club Facebook Page
- Punanimation Facebook Group
- Jessica Hisch Article “The Dark Art of Pricing”
- Chris Do Video – How to Price Design Services and Make More Money
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show: