We also talk about how you can build your business to be truly satisfying on a personal level. Tom offers insights into how to keep your clients happy while staying true to your values and lifestyle.
Do you work remotely? If so, how do you manage your clients’ concerns? Let me know in the comments!
In this episode
- How having more than one income stream can keep you busy during the lulls of freelance work
- Why donating a percentage of your profits to charity is a great thing to do both personally and professionally
- The ways in which working while travelling and can feed your productivity while offering a great break from the routine
- How you can adjust your rates to encourage clients to allow you to work remotely
- The importance of being part of a community while working remotely
- How to build client trust and assuage their fears about hiring remote workers
“I think ultimately, being freelance when a business takes you on, they are making an investment in you, so if you are donating a percentage [to charity], that is saying this is who I am, and if that adds a plus point on my side, then power to it. Ultimately, as long as we do that good work, that’s the best thing possible.” [13:51] “It’s definitely tricky [to work remotely] if you haven’t worked with an agency before because they’ll usually want you onsite. But as soon as they trust you and know how you work then they are more receptive to remote work.” [28:35] “You’ve got to try to build the work life that is the best possible one for you. We spend a lot of our time working, so why not try to make that really good.” [39:14]
- Tom’s website
- Made by Loop
- Follow Tom on Instagram | Twitter
- Nomad House
- Trusted Housesitters
- Location Indie
Join us on Patreon
- Ask podcast guests questions
- Early access to the podcast
- Monthly Q&A’s with podcast guests and industry experts
- Exclusive Patreon community and bonus content
- +Big thanks
By becoming a patron you can help:
- Cover costs of producing the podcast
- Give us more time to create more resources for the Motion Hatch Community
- Make Motion Hatch the online hub for learning the business side of motion design
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
Podcast music licensed by Big Waves
Some of the links above are affiliate links. Basically, this means that if you decide to make a purchase through one of these links, we will earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. You can be sure that we would recommend these products whether or not we made any commission on them. Please don’t spend your money on them if you don’t think that they will truly help you improve your business, although, in our experience, they will.